You need to be very accurate with the language and give proper weigh to stylistic features. The most important translation instructions are as follows:
- Translate meaning not words!
- Rely on your wits and savvy - it can prove to be helpful when translating a difficult text
- Ask a specialist or a native speaker to proofread your translation so that it sounds natural
- Never accept a project which you know is not within your abilities
- Skills and translation expertise come with time - remember it!
- Language nuances do matter when making a professional translation
- A good translation is worth taking time for!
- The way documents are organized in one country may not be understood in another
- Emulate the original style of the author, be it humorous, wordy, with colloquial or scientific language, etc.
Language Translation Sample Work